Friday, September 14, 2007

About me and my upcoming posts

Hi,

This first post of mine is not apps dba tech stuff. Instead, I would like to add a couple of lines about myself. I have been in the IT industry for more than 6 years now and I have spent most of it as an Oracle Apps DBA. I have worked extensively with oracle applications, starting with version 11.5.3 all the way upto to 11.5.10. I also had a chance to explore 11.0.3, but quite frankly, i dont remember much of that now. I have dirtied my hands in maintaining oracle applications on various flavours of unix and red hat linux. In the last two years plus, I have been managing Oracle Applications on Windows platform, something that is not too common (Atleast I presume so).

What i intend to share with you is my experiences as an Apps DBA on Windows platform - some of the issues i have faced, solutions and troubleshooting. I am not assuming any level of proficiency in the audience of my blogs. Some of the things i write may feel very rudimentory to some of the readers but may be just the solution for some other reader. I will start publishing technical articles soon.. Watch out this space for my Apps DBA tech experiences.

Aravind Kamath Posral




graphic counter


No comments: